Fairfax Truck Accident Attorneys
A truck crash can catapult your life into chaos in a matter of seconds. While the property damage alone can be extensive, the physical injuries and psychological harm can be far more catastrophic and challenging to overcome.
At MacDowell Law Group, P.C., our lawyers are aware of how devastating truck crashes can be – and how crucial it is for survivors to have support and advocacy in the aftermath. That is just one of the reasons why our Fairfax attorneys are committed to representing truck accident survivors and families who have lost loved ones to deadly truck crashes.
As seasoned trial veterans with a history of favorably resolving truck accident cases, our lawyers have the insight and skills you can count on when it’s time to:
• Determine the available legal remedies and pursue financial recovery
• Investigate the facts and prove liability for a commercial truck crash
• Deal with insurance companies, negotiate a settlement or take a claim to trial
• Fight for the full amount of compensation you deserve.
While we recognize that no amount of money can ever undo the damage caused by serious or fatal truck crashes, we also know that fighting for justice and compensation can be integral to obtaining financial support and some sense of closure. That, in turn, can be crucial to healing and rebuilding lives.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Commercial truck accidents can be caused by many different factors. Sometimes, a combination of these factors can play a role in causing a single crash.
In general, some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
• Driver negligence, carelessness or recklessness – Commercial truck drivers, as well as other motorists, can make mistakes or careless choices behind the wheel, causing wrecks. Examples of this motorist negligence can include (and are not limited to):
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving while exhausted or fatigued
- Failing to comply with trucking regulations (for commercial truckers)
- Violating any traffic laws.
• Poor or dangerous roadway conditions – Malfunctioning traffic signals, a lack of traffic signs, and obscured or missing lane dividers or guardrails are all examples of poor roadway conditions that can play a role in causing truck accidents.
When poor weather conditions or defective vehicle equipment are present in conjunction with either of the above factors, it’s far more likely that truck crashes will have catastrophic, if not deadly, outcomes.
What Should I Do If I’m In A Truck Accident In Virginia?
1. If you conscious and able, call 911 as soon as possible – Police can offer crucial assistance immediately following a truck crash. In addition to diverting traffic, helping victims and clearing the wreckage, police can also investigate the accident and write up an official report. The details and information in this report can be helpful to a future claim.
2. Get emergency medical treatment – While it’s vital to get medical care for any severe or life-threatening injuries, accident survivors should also seek medical attention even for minor or moderate injuries. This step can be important to documenting the extent and severity of the injuries caused by the truck crash.
3. Exchange driving & insurance information with the other involved parties – If possible, collect the names, drivers’ license numbers, insurance information and vehicle-related information from each of the other involved motorists. If there were any witnesses, try to record their names and contact information as well.
4. Take pictures of the damage – Try to take as many pictures as possible of the damage to all involved vehicles, as well as any surrounding roadway structures (like traffic signs, lane dividers, etc.). If you and/or your passengers sustained any visible injuries, try to take pictures of these as well.
5. Record the details of the wreck – In the hours following the truck crash, write down as many details about the wreck as you can remember. Try to include specifics about the date/day/time; the weather conditions and precise location of the crash; what occurred immediately before the crash; and what happened immediately following the wreck.
6. Report the facts (& only the facts) to the insurance company – Call your auto insurance provider to report the accident. When you do this, make sure you only discuss the facts of the crash and that you do NOT admit, accept or insinuate fault for the crash.
7. Contact a lawyer – An attorney can help you pinpoint all liable parties, as well as all of your options for financial recovery. A lawyer can also help you protect your rights as you move forward to obtain the compensation you may be entitled to for the losses and harm caused by the crash.
How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me?
An experienced truck accident attorney can make all of the difference in the outcome of your case and your financial recovery. In fact, in addition to protecting your rights and guiding you through the claims process, a lawyer can help you prove liability and fight for the full amount of compensation you are entitled to (for your crash-related injuries and losses).
At MacDowell Law Group, our lawyers have two main goals:
1. Provide you with compassion, support and personal service through the recovery process
2. Maximize your financial recovery
Experienced at handling complex insurance claims under the laws of Virginia, our Fairfax attorneys are skilled at representing accident victims and families in various types of truck crash cases, including (but not exclusive to) those involving:
• Jackknifes, underride accidents and rollover truck accidents
• Poorly secured loads and runaway trailers
• Construction vehicles, heavy equipment haulers, and trucks carrying hazardous materials
• Violations of state and/or federal trucking regulations.
Just some of the steps our lawyers will take to build you the strongest possible claim may include (and are not necessarily limited to):
• Meticulously reviewing the police report
• Preserving and analyzing data recorded by electronic onboard recorders in commercial trucks
• Inspecting trucking company records, truckers’ driving logs and other records
• Working with accident reconstructionists and other experts.
Position Your Claim for Success: Contact a Fairfax Truck Accident Lawyer at MacDowell Law Group, P.C.
If you have been hurt in any type of truck wreck, contact an experienced Fairfax truck accident lawyer at the MacDowell Law Group, P.C. by calling (703) 277-2811 or by emailing our firm via the contact form on this page.
Our lawyers are ready to answer your questions, provide you with clear legal advice and help you get on the road to recovery and justice.
From offices based in Fairfax, we represent injured people and families throughout Fairfax County and the state of Virginia.