Fairfax Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
A motorcycle crash can destroy your life in the blink of an eye, causing severe injuries, psychological trauma and extensive property damage. If you don’t know what steps to take following a motorcycle accident, you can run the risk of being victimized again – by insurance companies or others who may try to avoid paying you the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
At MacDowell Law Group, P.C., our lawyers are dedicated to representing riders who have been injured in various types of motorcycle accidents.
As shrewd negotiators and sophisticated litigators with decades of trial experience, our Fairfax attorneys know how to protect riders’ rights and help them avoid mistakes that could compromise their claim. Our lawyers are also effective at building riders the strongest possible claims and bringing these claims to successful resolutions so our clients can focus on healing and rebuilding their lives.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle wrecks can be caused by any number of factors, including (but not limited to):
- Motorist negligence, which can come in the form of drunk driving, distracted driving, and violating traffic laws
- Poor roadway conditions, such as malfunctioning traffic signals, as well as a lack of traffic signs, lane dividers or guardrails
- Other factors, like weather conditions, faulty vehicle equipment, and the liability of commercial carriers (when trucks may be involved in motorcycle crashes).
A Fairfax motorcycle accident attorney at MacDowell Law Group, P.C. is ready to review the facts and details of your wreck to help you determine fault and pinpoint all liable parties.
What to Do after a Motorcycle Accident
- Call police as soon as possible – Call 911 if a serious motorcycle wreck has happened, or call a non-emergency police number for more minor motorcycle accidents. Having police respond to the accident scene will ensure that the crash is officially investigated by law enforcement authorities. And that will mean that there will be an official police report for the motorcycle crash.
- Get immediate medical care – This is critical to getting the treatment(s) you may need to preventing potentially serious health complications. It’s also crucial to making sure that your motorcycle crash injuries are officially documented in a doctor’s report.
- Exchange the necessary information with the other involved parties – This information should include names and contact information for any and all involved motorists. It should also include the insurance, driving and vehicle-related information for other drivers, such as their insurance provider and policy number, their driver’s license number, and their vehicle make/model/license plate number.
- Gather other important crash-related evidence – Take pictures of the damage to your motorcycle, the other involved vehicle(s), and any surrounding features (like light posts, lane dividers, traffic signs, etc.). Also try to snap photos of the apparent injuries if possible. Other evidence that can be important to gather from the scene can include your damaged helmet (or other protective gear), as well as the name(s) and contact information for any witness(es).
- Report the facts of the crash to the insurance company – As soon as your injuries have been stabilized and are no longer putting your health in danger, call your insurance provider, and only disclose the facts of the wreck (like where and when the accident happened and who else was involved in the crash). Do NOT agree to give an “official” (or recorded) statement if you are not prepared to do so, and do NOT admit any fault in the motorcycle accident.
- Contact a lawyer ASAP – After a motorcycle crash, the representation of an attorney can be crucial to proving liability and preserving the value of your claim. It can also be essential to protecting your rights and taking the right steps to maximize your recovery.
The Fairfax motorcycle accident lawyers at the MacDowell Law Group, P.C. are skilled at representing riders and helping them overcome any challenges that may compromise their financial recovery. Find out how our trial experience and attention to detail can be integral to the success of your motorcycle accident case by contacting us today.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Any number of serious injuries can result from motorcycle crashes. In fact, recent data indicates that riders are about 35 times more likely (than occupants of passenger vehicles) to suffer life-threatening injuries whenever they get on the road.
Some of the most common injuries that can result from motorcycle accidents include:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Neck, back and spine injuries
- Bone fractures
- Loss of limb(s) and other forms of disfigurement
- Soft tissue trauma
- Fatal injuries.
These motorcycle accident injuries can require long-term – if not lifelong –treatments. In the most serious cases, these injuries can cause permanent impairments that can negatively impact people’s quality of life for the rest of their lives.
At MacDowell Law Group, P.C., we recognize that no amount of money can ever undo the damage caused by serious or fatal motorcycle crashes. We also know, however, that fighting for justice and compensation can be pivotal to securing financial support and some sense of closure. That, in turn, can be essential to helping injured people, as well as families who have lost a loved one to a fatal wreck, heal and start rebuilding their lives.
Get Experienced Help with Your Recovery: Contact a Fairfax Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at MacDowell Law Group, P.C.
If you or a loved one has been harmed in a motorcycle wreck, contact an experienced Fairfax motorcycle accident lawyer at the MacDowell Law Group, P.C. for answers about your rights, your potential case, and your options for recovery.
Simply call (703) 277-2811 or email our firm via the contact form on this page to set up a free initial consultation with one of our Fairfax attorneys. During this meeting, you can get clear, helpful advice regarding your case while finding out more about our services and how we can help you.
From offices based in Fairfax, we represent injured people and families throughout Fairfax County and the state of Virginia.
Fill out the following form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
MacDowell Law Group
Our goal is to settle cases whenever possible, but we are always well prepared to go to court when it is in the best interests of our clients. We thoroughly investigate each client’s case and present evidence in a focused, detailed manner. We have a record of favorable results for our clients, with many high dollar settlements and jury awards.Learn More