Fairfax Car Accident Attorneys
You never expect to be in a car accident. The reality is, however, that the average driver will be in at least three auto wrecks over the course of a lifetime. While some of these crashes may be minor fender benders, others can be far more serious, causing catastrophic injuries and major property damage.
When any type of car wreck occurs, getting answers about your rights and recovery options can be crucial to:
- Preserving your car accident claim
- Avoiding mistakes that could compromise or reduce your financial recovery.
At MacDowell Law Group, P.C., our lawyers are dedicated to helping car accident survivors get on road to recovery following a crash. Known for being sophisticated litigators and shrewd negotiators, our attorneys have the experience, skills and determination you can count on for vigorous, effective advocacy at every point in your car accident case.
We represent injured people, as well as families who have lost loved ones to deadly crashes, in all types of car accident cases, including (but not limited to) those involving:
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rear-end and head-on collisions
- Crashes caused by uninsured or underinsured drivers, out-of-state motorists and/or professional or commercial drivers.
While we recognize that no amount of money can ever undo the damage caused by serious or fatal car crashes, we also know that fighting for justice and compensation can be critical to obtaining financial support and some sense of closure. That, in turn, can be crucial to healing and rebuilding lives.
We encourage you to continue exploring this page – as well as our truck and motorcycle accident pages – to find out more about our personal injury practice and what we can do to help you after a crash. When you are ready for answers and advice specific to your situation and claim, simply call us at (703) 277-2811 or send us an email using the contact form on this page.
Our Fairfax car accident lawyers are ready to help you protect your rights and secure the financial recovery you deserve.
How to Report an Auto Accident in Virginia
According to Virginia law, any car accident resulting in property damage, injuries or deaths must be reported to local or state law enforcement authorities. Virginia law also requires passengers who are over the age of 16 and who are involved in car crashes to make accident reports within 24 hours of a wreck if the driver fails to do so.
Car accidents in Virginia can be reported to the proper authorities in the following two ways:
1. Call 911 immediately after an auto crash has happened – When this occurs, police or state troopers will respond to the accident scene and help victims get emergency medical care (if needed). This will also result in a police investigation of the crash and an official police report for the wreck (detailing the findings of the investigation). This report can provide important evidence regarding fault and liability.
2. Report the car accident in the hours following the crash – When police have not been called immediately after an auto crash for whatever reason, an incident report can still be made in the hours after the crash by contacting local or state law enforcement authorities and submitting a report. Although these reports will not trigger a police investigation, they can still be important to documenting crucial details and evidence related to the accident.
Virginia Auto Accident Statistics
Tragically, car accidents happen all too often on Virginia’s roadways. The latest Virginia car accident statistics, compiled by officials at the Virginia DMV and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), reveal just how frequently auto wrecks are happening and causing serious harm:
- A car crash happens in Virginia every 4 minutes.
- Fatal car accidents in Virginia have increased nearly 8 percent since 2014.
- Deadly car accidents cost the state of Virginia about $947 million every year.
- Every year in Virginia, at least 700 people are killed – and at least 65,000 others are injured – in auto accidents.
- Every day in Virginia, at least 2 people are killed – and at least 175 people are hurt – in auto wrecks.
- Nearly 1 in every 3 car accidents in Virginia involves at least one drunk driver.
For additional facts about the prevalence and impacts of auto wrecks in the state, here are some more Virginia car accident statistics.
How We Build Victims the Strongest Auto Accident Cases
In car accident cases, the stronger your claim for damages is, the more you stand to benefit from the advice and representation of a knowledgeable attorney.
Without a lawyer on your side, it can be easy to make mistakes when it comes to reporting accidents to insurance companies or keeping important evidence or documents (like medical bills) for your claim. These oversights can end up sabotaging accident claims, making it far more challenging (if not impossible) to obtain the full amount of damages you deserve.
At MacDowell Law Group, our Fairfax car accident attorneys can help you avoid the mistakes that could compromise your recovery while helping you:
• Determine all of your options for compensation – We can identify all liable parties, as well as the options for holding them accountable for the harm they have caused you.
• Accurately assess the value of your claim – This can be crucial to knowing when settlement offers fall short of properly compensating you for your accident-related injuries and losses.
• Protect your rights while dealing with insurance companies – We know how insurance companies operate and how they can try to exploit victims’ unfamiliarity with the claims process. We can make sure this doesn’t happen to you or your claim.
• Develop and execute an effective litigation strategy – If we can’t secure you a fair settlement via negotiation, we are always ready to present your case in court before a jury.
With a trial record covering hundreds of car accident and personal injury cases, our lawyers have the insight, resources and skills to give you a powerful advantage in your claim – and to help you position your case for the best possible outcome.
Protect Your Rights to Recovery: Contact a Fairfax Car Accident Lawyer at MacDowell Law Group, P.C.
If you have been hurt in any type of auto crash, contact an experienced Fairfax car accident lawyer at the MacDowell Law Group, P.C. by calling (703) 277-2811 or by emailing our firm via the contact form on this page.
Our attorneys can help you deal with insurance companies, navigate the claims process and take the right steps to maximize your recovery.
From offices based in Fairfax, we represent injured people and families throughout Fairfax County and the state of Virginia.