Auto Insurance Claims
Protecting Your Rights in Virginia Auto Insurance Claims
While we encourage all car accident victims to obtain legal advice as quickly as possible to protect their interests, early legal representation can be especially valuable in Virginia auto accident litigation. Most of Virginia negligence law and car insurance coverage favor the insurer. In Virginia, it’s very easy for an unrepresented driver or passenger to make a mistake that can undermine the value of your personal injury claim.
Contact MacDowell & Associates in Fairfax to discuss your auto insurance claim with an experienced attorney. We offer free consultations, and our detailed understanding of Virginia insurance practices can give you a significant advantage toward a favorable outcome in your case.
Call 703-591-1336 for advice about auto insurance coverage problems.
Several factors combine to make Virginia auto insurance law especially tough for motor vehicle accident victims. These include:
- Minimum liability limits as low as $25,000
- Two-year statute of limitations
- Fault-based claim system that requires you to prove negligence before you can reach liability coverage
- Complex “stacking” rules when several policies might be available to cover the losses in a single car or motorcycle accident
- Risk of losing coverage available under your own uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage if you access benefits in the wrong sequence
Whether you need advice about an underinsured motorist claim or the best ways to get your medical bills paid while your claim is being negotiated, we can counsel you and protect your interests. Contact MacDowell & Associates to learn how you can get the most out of your Virginia auto insurance claim.